NDP: Take a Closer Look
Saturday, May 26, 2018
TORONTO—The team around Andrea Horwath is among the least prepared that this province has ever seen. Here are some highlights:
- In Hamilton Mountain, MPP Monique Taylor allegedly created a toxic work environment by bullying staff to make false sexual harassment complaints.
- In Hamilton East—Stoney Creek, MPP Paul Miller is under investigation for “routine racist, sexist, and homophobic comments.”
- In Brampton South, Paramjit Gill likened the updated sex-ed curriculum to “sexsual abuse” (sic).
- In Richmond Hill, Marco Coletta called for a 15-percent-cut to teacher salaries.
- In Mississauga Centre, Laura Kaminker railed against wearing poppies on Remembrance Day, calling it “collective brainwashing.”
- In Kenora—Rainy River, Glen Archer said Premier Wynne “should be in prison”.
- In Ottawa Centre, Joel Harden promoted abolishing public funding for Catholic school boards, joining the Sault Ste. Marie candidate Michele McCleave-Kennedy, who led sessions to establish a single education system.
- In Scarborough Agincourt, Tasleem Riaz is accused of posting inspirational quotes by Hitler.
- In Kitchener South-Hespeler, Fitz Vanderpool promoted female oil wrestling, lied about it when caught and was endorsed by Jack Fonseca of the Campaign Life Coalition for his support of the “traditional” definition of marriage.
If you thought her platform would help make you feel better, think again. Here’s what her half-baked promises look like:
From an oil-wrestling promoter, to an anti-sex ed activist, to candidates who are under investigations—this is the NDP team Andrea Horwath would rely on at Queen’s Park.
- 30 -
For More Information: