Doug Ford’s Real Record at City Hall – And What It Means for Ontario
Friday, June 1, 2018
TORONTO – Doug Ford likes to talk a lot about his record at city hall. He talks of saving $1 billion. He talks about not one person losing their job. He talks about driving efficiencies. Unfortunately, the only thing Mr. Ford is driving is a hot air balloon solely powered by the words coming out of his mouth.
Here is Doug Ford’s real record at city hall:
- Upon entering office the Fords wanted to fire 2,338 people. They ended up eliminating 1,411 positions, which all came after a campaign where they said no one would be laid off
- At the City of Toronto, the Fords cut funding for fire services, TTC Service, housing and shelter supports and employment services
- They also tried to cut funding for transit, daycare, shelters, community grants, youth programs, arenas and pools - they tried to close hockey arenas during the week
- They also tried to cut funding for libraries and did cut funding for the High Park Zoo, Riverdale Farm and Far Enough Farm on Centre Island
- The Fords then hiked recreation user fees – for pools, camps, hockey rinks etc.
Doug Ford is welcome to stand behind his record at City Hall, and maybe he is proud of what he accomplished.
However, Ontarians deserve to know the truth – they need to truly see how he runs a government and how his false promises actually churn out harmful realities.
For more information: